Monday, December 13, 2010

YOUNG LIVES!

My first outreach was at the Breakfast with Santa party at young lives. AH it was so fun! I am so glad I went! I had a chance to walk around and talk to the moms briefly before I was assigned to a different task. Then I went into the toy room to help the moms pick out toys for their kids. I got to talk to the moms about their kids and their favorite toys! I talked to this one mom and she was pregnant with her first and just barely 5 months. Since she was just pregnant, she didn't really pick out toys. I found a few things like cute books and crib sheets that she took instead of toys. Then I talked to this other mom that had 3 kids! She was one of the first ones in the room so she got to pick out the toys first. She got this huge play kitchen! I honestly got the chills when she got that because she had 3 kids and so that toy will have great use and she was so thankful. After that I had a chance to play with the kids. This one girl was adorable! She kept attacking me with stickers and putting them on my nose and legs. Then 2 other girls came over to help her attack me with stickers! They were so adorable and I had the best time playing with them. Although I didn't get to make a connection with any of the moms like I hoped, I did see Christ move through their lives in a way that couldn't be spoken. I had a great time over all and I will definitely be making a visit.

Until next time...
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment