Tuesday, March 22, 2011

American Dream.

How is your personal dream for the rest of your life similar to and different than the American dream?

Honestly, I think so many people want the American dream. I don't want the American dream as in a picture perfect life. I definitely do not want anything to do with perfect. The only thing that is relatable to the American dream is that I strive to do the best and I work really hard for my goals. But, that I think is not necessarily bad. If my goals are going to profit me, then yes that is wrong. My goals need to glorify god and strengthen my relationship with him. Right now, I am working on 2 goals. My first dream or goal is to learn how to sew. My dream has always been to be a fashion designer and what not. Well, my dream has been altered and now I want to sew to make my own clothes. I want to make some of my own clothes or accessories because I hate how much money I spend on clothes and what not and then I can't stop and buy a hamburger for a homeless man or go to Wallmart and get a clean shirt for them. So that goal I think is not bad because I am not being so obsessed with the material type of dream that a lot of people have. I mean yeah I have always wanted a house with a family and perfect blah blah blah. but that's not my dream anymore. I know that as long as I live out my other dream like I said above and I keep my faith, I will be taken care of even if that doesn't mean a picture perfect life. My next dream right now is to go on one of the mission trips for school (Africa, 2020 etc). I have never wanted something so bad in my life. I just have a love for people and caring for them and helping them and I want to go so bad. Even if its not going on a school mission trip, I want so bad to go on a mission trip somewhere different. I have gone on multiple ones in texas, but I want the opportunity to expand. I feel like this dream will change my life forever and I am completely ready for that change 100 million percent. I just pray everyday that I get the opportunity to wherever it may be. So right now those are my dreams. I really think that those 2 dreams are how I look at the rest of my life too and how I will live it out. Of course I want to get married and have children and have a nice big backyard for my kids to play in and I want to be a part of a local mission organization. I guess those are my main dreams. It may sound like too perfect, maybe, but its just the dream that I have and I call it a dream because dreams don't always come true and if it doesnt, I know that something even better is coming my way because God has control over my life.

Until next time,
Alexa(:

No comments:

Post a Comment