Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Radical Compassion

When you understand that the Gospel demands radical compassion, what does radical compassion mean to you and for your life?


  When I think of radical compassion I think of giving your life as a servant to God and a servant to other people. This is not just helping every now and then, this is your life practically speaking. We are all called to be compassionate people and show compassion to others because of our faith, but this is radical compassion. When I think of radical I think of crazy. So, this is crazy compassion (: These are the people who love, support, listen, care, and help those who are neglected, ignored, bullied, and lost. To me, this is the person that I want to be. I do feel that I am a compassionate person, but I am also still living in this sinful world where sometimes satan plays tricks with you and tries to deceive you and sometimes he succeeds. This is definetely something I am working on. I am working on be more compassionate to people that I know of, but I do not personally know. When I leave houston christian, I dont want to be dubbed one of those people who stays within their group of friends. It is SO much easier for me to love and listen and help people that I do not know. I just love it. It is so hard to do the same to people that I barely know. We were actually talking about this in chapel one day a few weeks ago about which one is harder. For me it is definitely people I know. I kind of went off topic, but, for me, radical compassion means to love, care, and do all those things to anyone and everyone with a heart for the Lord and open arms and a willing spirit.

Until next time...
Alexa(:

No comments:

Post a Comment