Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog about Satan....ohh no...

So I was SO confused about what was do when and what not although I probably should have been a good student and checked the portal. I guess I got hung up on time...not sure, but thats besides the point. This blog is about Satan and God's plan/promise! In class we talked about Lucifer and God's promise and Adam and Eve!

Firstly, I had never really had known too much information about Satan prior to this discussion so a lot of this was new. What was weird to me that I had to piece together is that once Satan, or Lucifer, was an angel of God. Weird right? This terrible deceitful man was an ANGEL? I had never really thought about it too much like that. What is also weird is that he was THE most handsome angel of all of them. Today we perceive him as a red monster with horns and steam coming out of his ears, which is quite the opposite. I could pretty much go on and on, but I will answer a few questions too...

1. When considering God's purpose for creation how does this encourage you as you join Him in His work?
Well, I know that because Adam and Eve, and because we are sinful people, that makes me want to mission to others. I want to help people repent for their sins and draw them closer to God. I don't really know how to verbalize my answer because this is a tricky question..

2. When considering Satan's counterfeit kingdom and his rebellion against God, how do you see/experience this playing out in the world you live in?
Well, I see Satans whole kingdom as trying to get revenge for God kicking him out of his kingdom. Satan wants to ruin people's lives so that they never come to love and learn about Christ. That pretty much sums of Satan's mission. In our world I see it quite often. For example, if my friend did something terrible to me and I told them, hey I really don't want to hang out with you anymore, they would get angry. Then that person could go and get a group together and start rumors about me and make my other friends leave me or make other people not want to be my friend. That example reminds me a lot like what Satan does.

3. Finally, when you consider the promise of Scripture - that Christ will accomplish this purpose - how does this make you feel? How does understanding this Truth open your eyes to your own individual purpose and how will this understanding impact the rest of your life on earth?
Eh, this question is really confusing and I'm not quite sure what it is exactly asking...but I'm just going to go with if I keep reading the bible and letting God guide me wherever that may be, then I'm good and my life on Earth will be ALL up to him.

-Alexa-

No comments:

Post a Comment