Sunday, September 26, 2010

You cry; I cry

The last time I felt pain for someone was today. I feel sorrow for people every day but am I REALLY feeling pain for them? Yes I think to my self wow it is truly said that someone has to live this way but I never felt pain for them. I mean like I never felt what they were going through because I am so blessed.

When I usually cry, I cry about things that are going on in my life. But, I remember one time, my best friend was going through some hard times and we just sat on the phone for a long time and I cried for her. For the first time I was feeling someone else's pain. I love her so much so when I knew she was hurting so badly, it was killing me inside. Ever since then I have opened my heart to care for others and I feel like an emotional wreck all the time. I just cry so much. It seems like I no longer cry for myself anymore. It's not that I am not going through hard times-believe me I am- but I am just slowly becoming less selfish. I know that I can give my sorrows to Jesus and he will take care of them for me. I cry a lot for people who have no one that takes their sorrows. The sermon was really great and really felt at home, I even started crying. I never thought about how seeing someone else cry can make that big of an impact on someone. I know that it is hard for me to cry in front of other people. It makes me uncomfortable for people to know how broken I am, but really, we are all broken. I do this weird thing where I hate showing my emotions so I cover my real pain with other emotions because I don't want people feeling sorry for me and I don't want them to see the real me. I am really vulnerable about my emotions so when some of my close friends that see my cry see me break down, they cry too. We are humans and we have emotions and feelings and if they are shown every once in a while, it could save a life, like in the story that the preacher told.

So whether its crying for someone you don't know or crying with your best friend, try and take on someone else's pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment