Monday, November 1, 2010

Let the Nations Be Glad!

So I really enjoyed last class! I liked going to the chapel to read this paper because it makes everything more interesting instead of just reading in the room.

This paper that we read was about worship and missions--hmm figures? haha oh well :)
Any who, I guess I will talk about my favorite part of this article. My favorite part or parts was when he was talking about how God is calling us to be a person whose theme and passion is how great God is. I really like this because I think that we all need to hear that because it gets confusing sometimes and its great reassurance. God is calling us to worship him because not everyone can be a missionary. But, before you become a missionary you have to worship too because that is most important. Without worship you wouldn't feel the power of Christ dwelling inside you and you wouldn't see his strengths so your mission ambition would not be so successful. I also like the first paragraph. It talks about how missions will eventually end. A missionary cant be one forever. Eventually their time will come when they have to stop but the one thing that never stops is worship. You can never escape worship or ever be too old or whatever the reason is. It will always be there. This article also talks a lot about the church and how the church views missions and worship. Well the goal of the church isn't missions so it has to be worship. But that does make since. So overall, you have to love Christ and want to worship him and have a strong relationship with him before you pursue missions.

Until next time...
Alexa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment