Tuesday, February 8, 2011

LOVING PEOPLE

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE YOU KNOW, DON'T KNOW, AND ARE ACQUAINTANCE WITH?

HAYYY BLOGGERS. 
      So I think that it is difficult to write encouraging things for people because of a few different reasons. One reason would be awkwardness. If you dont know the person then it might be really awkward to write something about them or tell them something. If you are just saying like something generic, then that is a little easier. But, if you wanted to personalize the encouragement then that is definitely harder. That would be the situation where you don't know them. 


If you are friends with them in school but you dont hang outside of school, that can still be really awkward. I think that this is not as hard as the first one because you know them a little more so its not as awkward. The hard part is knowing what to put or say. The whole thing about "your cool" or "your smart" or whatever gets old. You need to actually encourage them and dont just say the same thing you did to everyone else. 


Lastly, if you are friends with them, it is definitely easier.  I wouldn't say that it is really easy, it is just easiER. It is still hard to figure out what to tell them. Like you know what you like about them and stuff its just hard to actually go through with it. Now when I encourage my best friends or my basketball team, its not awkward or hard at all. Im not really sure why, but it comes natural. What doesnt come natural is encouraging your enemies and people you dont like. 


Overall, I really did love this exercise we did in class and chapel. Although it seemed ingenuine at first, i think that people did mean for the most part what they wrote on eachothers backs and papers. I think that it reall opened my eyes about encouraging people. My day was so awesome because of all that love. I really think that what we are learning in chapel will apply to us growing as missionaries for sure. We need to love anybody and everybody no matter what and make sure they know that they are loved and important. 


until next time...
Alexa (:

No comments:

Post a Comment