Monday, January 10, 2011

Dating and Marriage

hellooooo to the one person who reads my blogs...
today's talk was quite interesting. I will say that I do disagree with a few things that were talked about but I guess thats normal. So I will just talk about what the discussion was during class...

So, the main thing that we talked about for a long time was marriage and divorce. We talked about how it is wrong to get divorced under any circumstance because you made a commitment to God. That is completely true and I agree with it, but at the time that we were talking about it I was getting really frustrated with it. We started talking about getting divorced because of bad circumstances for example if it was dangerous being with that person. Well I brought up that point and immediately a few people chimed in. They said to just move out but I dont think that they understand how easy it actually is. Yes, your husband would still be able to find you but when you get divorced you can give him legal papers that he is not to be around your children or you unless it is approved by the legal guardian. I know this much because this situation happened in my family. My family would have been separated anyways if my mom hadnt divorced my dad because of different reasons. Yes it is completely wrong to divorce someone and I am really tied between the two because I have faith that people do change but I also am torn the other way because I dont know what would have happened if my mom didnt get divorced. Ahh its just too confusing...

On another note, I think that it is also important that girls not obsess over guys so much. In high school all girls are boy crazy and want a boyfriend really bad. i personally do not think it is bad to have a boyfriend in high school. But I do think that it is wrong if you go about it in a bad way. If you are so focused on him and nothing else then your relationships with friends will plummet as well as Jesus. We need to have our eyes completely fixed on Jesus and our hearts because when others fail, he will ALWAYS be there for us no matter what. This is advice that I can take for myself too and i think that a lot of girls need to hear it.

Sooo i guess this is all for now.
until next time...

Alexa :)

1 comment:

  1. *Two people who read your blog!!

    Hehe Coach Rodden isn't the only one! (: I totally agree with your second paragraph!!! I actually wrote about it some too!!! (Great minds think alike...duh) anddd I love your background!! I think its been awhile since I last came on your blog because this is my first time to see it! anywho! i love youuu <3

    ReplyDelete